Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Athletic Training Shenengans....

I took this idea from my close friend Katherine who is also an athletic trainer. We constantly call one another to share our stories from work to laugh, cry, vent or just to simply share things that go on in our profession. I recently worked a women's soccer camp that almost killed me. I usually don't have any issues with working camps but with 250 girls, 8 fields and 2 athletic trainers, eventually you ware down. Each day there was something to take care of, whether it was a broken bone, heat illness, rashes, bumps and bruises, there was something. Marty a former coworker worked the camp with me and always had a great spirit. He looked at it from a uplifting prospective but then again he's been working camps for 30 years and has more patients than I do. I was glad to have the extra company, I don't I think I would have made it through the 3 and a half days with out him. I did come to one simple conclusion and the end of the camp, I don't plan on working any more camps for a while.
Night Games

250 campers scattered across 8 fields

Watching out

Because sometimes a golf cart just doesn't cut it

Good morning at soccer camp!

He makes it look easy

Refill time...

No comments:

Post a Comment