Just yesterday while during a slow moment at work I realized how useful my coworker and I could be when in need of a can opener.
It all started when Sue cam up to me and asked if we had a can opener in the break room, the answer was no. When I asked her why she told me that she brought "Spaghetti O's" for lunch and failed to prep it before she came into work. I haven't had "Spaghetti O's" since high school, and if my memory serves me correctly they are FANTASTIC!
We decided to text a coworker who was on his lunch at his near by apartment who actually did not have one. We still cannot figure out why he doesn't have one, the clear answer may be because he's a single 24 year old male who does not cook and generally eats most of his meals out.
So we went in search of a item that could open this can. I went into the storage room and we found a pair of scissors and flat head screw driver. After carefully analyzing the tools we had in front of us we figured the flat head screw driver would give more leverage.
Sue carefully cleaned and sanitized the flat head and then we (and by "we" I mean Sue did and I watched and took pictures and laughed, hysterically) "carefully" punched holes into the can.
 |
| Let the hole punching begin |
 |
Getting better leverage
|
 |
| Progress |
 |
| Punctures |
 |
| Smile, I'm gunna eat you |
 |
| So close |
 |
Success!!!!
|
All in all the whole process took about 10 minutes from start to finish. As soon as she pried it open, she ran into our office and proceeded to pour it into her bowl and heat up her lunch. It was a true moment at work I won't forget. We giggled about it for the rest of the afternoon and my supervisor just shook his head in half amusement half disappointment. It was a successful venture!
No comments:
Post a Comment