Sunday, November 13, 2011

W.U.A.T.pride


Who would have thought that a simple doodle that Katherine put down would turn into such a powerful meaning....

I would not be the Athletic Trainer that I am today had it not been the for the program I graduated from.
I graduated from Wingate in 2007 and I have more memories than I can think of and after working so hard for the alumni party in New Orleans, a few of us starting working towards homecoming and many months of hard work later November 5th arrived.
Randy and I showed up early and stopped by the football field house to pick up the supplies Tim had bought us. I won't lie it was weird and I had a flash back to Fall 2005 when Katherine and I worked football and it was by far the best group of people I worked with. Who cares that we went 5-4 that year, we had a blast!
Fall 2005...so young

We made it look good

Pregame (Sorry Katherine...it's a good pic)
Memories

The band aid cart...exactly where it was 5 years ago...


We drove over to the visitors field and claimed our spot for the day and were helped out by some kind Delta Sigs to set up our tent. We put up our sign and awaited game time.

Ready to go!

PRIDE

Hanging out

LA arrived with some awesome coozies and Can Jam and Dr. Gearhart came with her family.
Tim had preordered wings and tenders and Katherine brought cookies and sides. And of course we had beer!!
Well Done L.A.

Well Done...

A little beer and corn hole

Dr. Gearhart and her munchkin


With L.A.

After a while we checked out the game but it was sad to say we lost...badly, so we didn't watch long.
Attempting to enjoy a losing game

Bulldogs on the field
 
We were big in our small numbers this year but it was a start and we are looking forward to next year!It was a great day to be a Bulldog!

No comments:

Post a Comment