Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Yes, I AM a Twilight fan!

And yes I DID go to the midnight showing.

When my good friend Jackie introduced me to the "Twilight" books nearly 3 years ago I don't think either one of us had any idea the phenomenon it would turn into. When the movie came out Jackie, Charmeen and I all set out for the movies to be fairly disappointed (I mean it was on a very low budget) but we started a tradition there on. Each movie that came out we would see together and so we did.
"New Moon" came out and we set off the Sunday after it premiered and it was okay, WAY better than the first. (The books are always better) and finally in the Summer of 2010 "Eclipse" made it's way out and we were off to see it.
This year was different. When Jackie realized that she was going to be out of town the weekend of the release of "Breaking dawn" Part 1 she suggested we get tickets for the midnight premiere.
Being at the fine age of 28 and never having been to a midnight premiere of a movie I figured why the hell not?
So Jackie bought us 3 tickets for the 12:01 am showing for the "Breaking Dawn" Part 1 premiere.
The week before the showing I got the brainy idea that I would put together T-shirts together for us.
I headed out to "Michael's" craft store and pieced up 3 black shirts and soft ideal colored "Puffy paint".
I put together 2 "Team Edward"shirts and 1 "Team Jacob" shirt (Because Jackie is actually a "Team not Bella"therefore she became a "Jacob fan ) Viola! I am more craft than I give myself credit for!

Appropriate colors for our teams

'08 for the year the movies came out
Ready to go




We gathered at my house and we headed to dinner and then to the movies at promplyt 9:30pm, only to find that 10 of the 15 theaters had actually set up for shows. We arrived to find our theater already had a fairly long line (Apparently we're not the only fans).

Yay for twilight fans

At about 10pm they let us in the movie theater and allowed us to pick our seats. Charmeen worked on some studying for a while and I played on facebook.

Excited for our movie


The movie started at 12:01 and it was good, not great, they took out some parts and moved some things around that we all thought were important. It will be interesting to see how it is all played out in Part 2.
At the end of it all it was completely worth it and a lot fun, I would do it all over again.

Team Edward.....

1 comment:

  1. hahah. i cant believe you sat in that theatre since 10pm ... we were also at the midnight showing -- and we showed up at 11:15 and still sat center of the theatre and it was a packed show :) hahaha!

    love you. Team Edward 4 life.

    ReplyDelete