For thanksgiving this year I asked my Mom and Step dad to come visit, (Well I really told them to pick a holiday, Thanksgiving or Christmas so they picked, no pressure) and visit they did.
It was a very simple holiday really, Brain and I baked pies and cake and prepped a few things while mom and Randy hung out. Thursday we woke up early to get the bird in the over and around 2:00 pm we feasted!This year we had Turkey, stuffing, cranberries two ways, creamed greens, Brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, fresh baked rolls and datenut bread.
For dessert we had, pecan, apple and pumpkin pie along with chocolate cherry cake with chocolate gnash.
It was a well planned and executed meal and nearly a week later Randy and I are STILL making turkey.
So I hope you all had a very good thanksgiving! Now please take a moment to enjoy this bit. I couldn't find the original skit from SNL but this will have to do...still hysterical
No comments:
Post a Comment