If you're asking yourself what a "Boo-baque Bash" might be, fear not, it's simply a glorified Halloween party!
Randy and I decided, well I decided and Randy gave in to my badgering that we would host a party at are house mainly because we never had one. A month before the party we argued over e-vite invitations and sent out our invites to our friends. We really expected a small gathering but nearly 40 rsvp's a week before the party was to get under way, we had to quickly decide what we were going to serve and how to keep our friends entertained.
First, the most important aspect, food. We initially thought pulled pork sandwiches AND Chili would be a good pick but when Randy went out and bought nearly 30 pounds of pork, we decided we would be fine with out the chili.
We did some landscaping and made sure the fire pit was ready to go.
Then we went shopping for the food...
Despite our well prepared list we realized that feeding 40 people is a lot of food and snacks. Our cart was
overflowing with chips, dips, meat, buns, soda, beer, items to cook food with, Halloween themed table cloths, napkins, cups, plates and more. It literally took ALL my effort to push this thing through the supermarket.
Oddly enough I actually had a person ask me "Are you throwing a Halloween party?" In the words of great Bill Engval..."Here's You're Sign"
 |
| Is this enough? |
 |
| Out of control... |
 |
| Getting the pork ready for an 18 hour cook |
 |
| Jello and Oreo Dirt....so good |
Friday came and we prepped all the food for the party and our friends Kevin and Laura came up for the weekend to enjoy the festivities with us. When I woke up Saturday morning, I realized that when I let the dogs out, it was RAINING. I had a sort of mini panic attack. Where would be put all our guests? I mean everyone can clearly fit in our house but not by a lot. Randy went over to our friends house and picked up a very large "easy up" tent that nearly fit our entire deck, along with an out door heater that we could use.
Around 4pm an hour before the party was to begin, the rain cleared and the sun came out. (Mother nature really has a funny way of playing with us, doesn't she?)
 |
| I love my Hershey |
 |
| The sun is shining and the deck is ready |
 |
| Fire pit ready to go... |
Nearly every came dressed up and ready to enjoy themselves. Randy was "Quail Man" for those of you who didnt' grow up watching Nickelodeon's "Doug" then that's just a shame. I was the Boston Red Sox player "EpicFail" (Yes I can play on my favorite team). Our month of stressing unfolded nicely and we all had a great time.
 |
| Laura made these sheep costumes and they had 3800 cotton balls... |
 |
| "Quailman" and "Epicfail" |
 |
| The spread... |
 |
| The miller lite delivery man and his cowgirl wifey |
 |
| Top Gun girls.... |
 |
| Austin, rainbow bright and the lady lamp |
 |
| Fragile package and White Goodman from Dodge ball |
 |
| Pretty awesome |
 |
| Duke Sports Medicine PT's....no really |
 |
| Austin and his Girl |
 |
| Poppa Smuf and Smufette |
 |
| Colton taking a shot at Sponge bob for candy |
Now to begin planning for next year.
 |
| Reeses is out from too much partying... |
Love that I recognize your wedding registry items here....I wanna come next year!
ReplyDelete